I’m super excited to be heading down to Melbourne this weekend to experience the city as part of Hilton’s Be A Weekender campaign.
Flying down from Sydney on Friday and returning on Sunday and staying at the Hilton on Melbourne’s South Wharf, I’ll be trying to see as much of Melbourne as I possibly can in 48 hours. I’ve previously already been to Melbourne a few times but each time I’ve visited, I’ve always managed to find and explore something new.
Packing for a weekend away used to be something that I found a bit of a challenge, as I somehow always found a need to overpack. After going away on a few weekend trips, I’ve learned the hard way and realised that no – I really don’t need three pairs of shoes for a weekend!
Here are just a few of the essentials that I’ll be bringing along with me:
- Celine Trio Bag: this is my most functional cross-body bag and the perfect size to carry around
- JBrand Black Jeans: because you can never really go wrong with a pair of black skinny jeans
- Olympus OMD EM-1 Camera: making the switch from DSLR to a Micro 4/3 camera was one of the best decisions I’ve made as the Micro 4/3 cameras are a lot lighter than a DSLR
- Nike Air Huarache: a comfortable pair of sneakers for all the walking I plan on doing
- People for Plants hand cream: part of my skincare regime, this is a great size to take travelling
- Chanel compact: for make-up touch-ups on the go!
- Grown Alchemist Night Eye Repair Cream: also part of my skincare regime
- Monster Products Powercard: a portable phone charger to ensure that my phone doesn’t run out of battery from the GPS navigating and Instagramming I’ll do
- SOL REPUBLIC Tracks Air Headphones: music is something that I can’t go without on a flight, and these wireless Tracks Air are the perfect travel companion!
Stay tuned to Lust to Wander for a recap from my weekend in Melbourne and if you absolutely can’t wait for those, catch me on Instagram at @aprilialove for live updates!